I got out this morning a bit late. Nige (click for pics of him using a hammer for the first time) had a dream that gorillas were eating 2 little kids. I guess that sort of dream requires Mommy's immediate attention. He also requested to spend the rest of the night in my bed so I snuck off to the TV room floor since Jack was very comfy on the couch:)
Anyway, the run this morning. I got out a little past 6 and it was very cool. What a welcome change to the sticky mornings I'm so accustomed to! I managed to keep a 8:31 pace. Not bad for an LSR. I only need to keep an 8:24 to qualify for Boston so fingers crossed I'm a wee bit faster on race day. I stuck with bananas on today's run. I found them much easier to eat and they did the job. Anyone wanna be my official banana provider for San Antonio??:)
Also! I wore my adidas shorts today. Flemming was kind enough to bring them to me at yesterday's Paris Mt. Trail Run. And yep, he was right. They're pretty much a wicking loincloth LOL. But I have to say that I absolutely love them. The high splits gave me plenty of room to extend my legs. I still feel like my tanks are a bit too big but I'm going to continue wearing them as they have the nifty pocket on the backside. I keep 5 or 6 sticks of Stride tucked safely in there. Might need to check the adidas site to see if they make long sleeve shirts with the pockets in the back for winter.
And this was my FIRST ever 50 mile week. As most of ya know, I hit 1000 miles this past week so it's time to start chasing that 1500 mile bunny!






7 comments:
Well Done On The '50 mile' week,Marion......Proud Of Ya;)
P.s. You + Adidas + Red = Boston
"Marion,die babe mit den 3 Streifen"
Thanks, Mark!:)
Only a few more months and we'll know if I'm Boston-worthy!:)
LOL on the babe remark. You're pushing it there..:)
Cute pup, btw.
You're already Bosto worthy and you're definitely a babe Mar!
D.
Is Spinx listed as an official Boston Qualifier?
Have NO idea, Kyle. I didn't have any hopes of BQ'ing there due to the course so I didn't bother checking..
Look at you flying through the air in that first picture! If you don't look like a BQer in that photo, I don't know who would!
I like those little shorts! Adidas makes good stuff!
Hiya Sherry!
yeah, just that tiny bit of air there:) But hey, air is air!!
Hope you're well!
Post a Comment