"Keep running. If you feel like crap, run faster. You won't feel any better but at least you'll be done sooner."
Sunday, July 12, 2009
12 LOOOOOOOOOOOONG miles
Holy crap was that a hard run. I thought the water fountains in Simpsonville would get me through it but nope, they had them shut off...in the summer..on a 90+ degree day. Makes sense, huh?
Well done on your 12, what was your time? As for the H2O, it's all about the planning baby!! I'm sure you'll take some of your own with you next time. Have you tried the Platypus range before?
Time was 1:49. It was hot and I'm slow now. :) I'll be sure to stash water along the route next time I head out for a long run. I'm one of those funny runners that can't stand anything on my back, hips, etc when I'm running. I hate carrying anything too. It's a mental block of some sort. I might have to suck it up and do it anyway.
Yeah, that sun kissed blonde look- I'm doing my best to NOT make that phone call to my stylist to have her dye it to my natural color. The sun is making it far too light. I prefer the dark look, myself.
My regular RP is working in Europe for the next month so I'm partner-less at the moment. I think perhaps stashing the water before the run is going to be my best bet...
4 comments:
Hey Mar,
Well done on your 12, what was your time? As for the H2O, it's all about the planning baby!! I'm sure you'll take some of your own with you next time. Have you tried the Platypus range before?
D.
Time was 1:49. It was hot and I'm slow now. :) I'll be sure to stash water along the route next time I head out for a long run.
I'm one of those funny runners that can't stand anything on my back, hips, etc when I'm running. I hate carrying anything too. It's a mental block of some sort. I might have to suck it up and do it anyway.
Or you charm someone by using your new sun-kissed blonde look into running alongside you carrying your water? ;-)
D.
Yeah, that sun kissed blonde look- I'm doing my best to NOT make that phone call to my stylist to have her dye it to my natural color. The sun is making it far too light. I prefer the dark look, myself.
My regular RP is working in Europe for the next month so I'm partner-less at the moment. I think perhaps stashing the water before the run is going to be my best bet...
:)
Post a Comment