Friday, October 23, 2009

For those of you that are new here...

I'm alive. I just am extremely busy. I tend to do more updates on Facebook than anywhere else. It's quick, easy and I can do it from my phone.

I got a job! I am excited about it but a bit sad at the same time. I've been staying home with my littles for the last 11 years but it's time to get back out there. I'm really looking forward to meeting more 'grown ups' and learning something new. I'm considering going back to school in the fall and the hours in my current job are pretty flexible to help me do that.

I'd like to tell you exactly what I'll be doing but I have no clue. I'm in the midst of pre employment health screenings/orientation classes. I actually dive into 'work' on Wednesday. I'm working for the Greenville Hospital System as Nutrition Hostess. The 'official' job description is " a liaison between patient care areas and Food/Nutrition Department concerning diets, food preferences, and special dietary concerns. Plans patient menus and snacks. Communicates specific patient problems to he Diet Technician and/or the Dietitian." I'm pretty excited about being involved with patients and helping them make nutritional decisions.

Employment in South Carolina is bleak. There are many people who can't find jobs at all. I'm pretty thrilled I was able to find a job that offers a good income and hours that suit my family. I really got lucky. I've been searching for a job since the end of July and have had 3 offers. Times are tough around here and I see many families struggling to make ends meet. It seems like the cost of living just keeps going up.

I'm running. I manage about 24-26 miles a week. I'm training up for the Myrtle Beach Marathon in February. I'm not sure how working/taking care of the kids and house and training for a marathon is going to pan out but we'll see, won't we?

The kids are doing very well. Sabreena is finishing up her Hip Hop dance class. Nige is getting ready to start playing basketball. Report cards come out this coming week and just having had conferences with the teachers, I know their grades are where they should be. They'll have a little bit of an adjustment with me working but I think they'll be ok. I have great friends and neighbors who will be helping me out with them. I don't know how single moms do it alone!

So that's about it. Just going back to work, training for the run and being Mommy all at the same time. Hey, at least I'm not bored!

1 comment:

Darrell said...

Congratulations hot stuff! You were always going to be snapped up quickly as everybody adores Mar and rightly so!!

Glad you're happy, fit and well!

D.