I'm trying to figure out if I want to start training again. I'm tossing around the idea of running a half in October but I'm not sure I'll find the time to train properly with school, kids, house, etc.
I guess I should just bite the bullet and register for the stupid race.
I've not been running regularly. The weather this summer has been horrible. Up until last week, our highs were still in the upper 90's with the heat index going over 100 most days. This past week has really brought a drop in the humidity and I managed to get 18 miles in. Also, school started up so that hinders things a bit.
I was sifting through this blog, looking at the photos from San Antonio. It made me miss the fun in racing. I guess I let "life" get in the way this past year. It seemed like everything that was going on was far more important than making time to run. Turns out that wasn't the right thing to do. I let a piece of myself go there and I'm incredibly eager to get it back again.
So, I'm going to push myself to start getting about 20-25 miles a week in until the middle of September. If I can manage that, I'll sign up for the 1/2 on Halloween weekend.
Finger's crossed!





No comments:
Post a Comment