Saturday, September 29, 2012

An answer




Finally- an answer!
After years of PF pain, various treatments (from the basic frozen golf ball, cortisone injections, up to repeated PT visits), and a bunch of sitting on my ass, I finally got an answer. I have PF. Imagine!!
The podiatrist said I had torn my PF, but no wait... I had broken my heel. After 4 weeks in a walking cast, hey I hadn't broken my heel after all! I'd definitely ripped my PF. Let's shove some cortisone in there.
Needless to say, I dumped the podiatrist and went to an orthopedic surgeon. After an MRI, he discovered that a previous break had not healed properly and that my PF was definitely farked up.
2 days later he had me on the operating table and fixed me up. Granted, I'm casted for 6 weeks but the sutures come out in 2 weeks so I'll be weight bearing after that. I'll then get an idea as to whether what he did worked or not.
What exactly did he do? Well, he refused to cut the PF. Instead, he drew my own blood, spun it out and injected about 100 holes in my heel with my own plasma. He also removed the debris from the previous break and fixed all that up.
Stay tuned folks..

No comments: