Friday, November 30, 2012

Running...

If you pay attention to the RA app on the right hand side, you might notice that I've started running again. SLOWLY but I'm running.

Nope, the PF pain is not gone. I wish I could give all you PF sufferers a bit of hope and tell you that the PRP injections and surgery helped but no, it didn't. I must say, it's not AS painful as it was when it reached its peak in August but honestly, I still limp. The degree of limp depends on what time of day it is, how long I sat still and whether or not I ran.

Sadly, since I did a lot of "toe walking" when the PF was at its worst and even after surgery in an effort to not be such a slow ass, I seem to have over exerted my calf muscle. Funny, it feels great while I run but once I stop, it's pretty tight. I've been massaging and bio-freezing on a regular basis.

Now, knowing ALL this..I start training on Monday. I've decided that it's obvious that the PF pain will never go away. Short of having the PF severed, there's really no cure for me. Even then, it might not cure the pain but could most definitely bring my running to a screeching halt...forever. So I'll just be a 38 year old girl that walks like a 90 year old woman each time she gets up after sleeping or sitting for more than 10 mins.

One benefit of having the PF? It sure does reduce the amount of trips to the fridge at night while I'm watching The Big Bang Theory. The pain overrides any hunger pains I may have. No worries, I make sure the wine glass is FULL before my butt hits the sofa:) Girl has to have her priorities!

Run on, my friends!

No comments: