Friday, December 7, 2012

Long Run on the agenda

Well, looking at my training plan, I'm meant to pull a 10 this weekend. Bwahahahaha! I'm not sure that will happen. The most I've run in the 3 weeks I've been "back" is a 5 and while it was a great run, I'm not sure I'm ready for anything more than 7, maybe 8. Who knows. Play it by ear.

To be perfectly honest, I got out on the road this past Wednesday and stopped at .42. The first thought that went through my head was "WTF am I doing?" followed by "Why the hell is it so freakin' hot..in December...at 9am??". My shorts were riding up, the music on my shuffle sucked ass and I felt like I was just clomping along. Of course the choices were to A) go home with my tail between my legs feeling like an über loser but I would then enjoy the peace and quiet in my house OR B) continue on my pathetic 3 mile run, risking chafing from hell between my thighs, more Justin Bieber drivel and continuing my very good impression of a Clydesdale.

We all know what I did, right? That's right, bitches. I ran on!!! (Stupid!) Stopped at 1 mile and did the whole "WTF?" process again. However, I told myself "The Bieb, thighs of fire begone! I'm continuing!" Stopped at 2 and finally realized what a moron I am. You talk about one miserable run. But I kept pushing myself through that misery, much to the chagrin of my poor thighs, my raped ears and clumping feet. Y'know that whole saying "you never regret a run"- I'm raising the bullshit flag on that one. This was the first run I've ever regretted in my life. I had to wear jeans to class the next day and I swear it like was sandpaper against sandpaper. Not a good thing!

Needless to say, those shorts went straight in the fireplace to be burned, the shuffle was properly cleansed of any and all teen boy pop music. I forced myself to looked forward to the next run when I could wash away the memories of that disaster.

So! Tomorrow is my LSR with my bud Leah. Kids are with their Dad this weekend and da hubs is off flying around the world. Sounds like a good weekend to study for finals!

Happy running, my friends!

No comments: