**and in the event you live under a rock and don't recognize the lyrics above, they're from Scottish singer Paolo Nutini's(seriously, he is Scottish..even with a name like that!) song, "New Shoes".**
Got my Asic Gel Kayano shoes yesterday. Figured I'd give 'em the ol' break in this morning. Ran my regular 4 miles and I guess I felt kinda peppy in my new shoes because I took a full minute off my regular time. Having said that, the shoes are not as cushioned as my GT 2120s. I'm wondering how they'll do on the long runs. I think a few more short ones and I'll know. Meanwhile, I'm taking tomorrow off and then running perimeter road on the base down at Mom and Dad's on Monday morning. Dad used to run it and says it's a nice easy road with no traffic. I'm really looking forward to running without having to worry about the idiot drivers who don't particularly like sharing the road with runners.
Still got runningskirts.com on the brain. Half tempted to just bloody well order one and get it over with but man...$48 for a skirt!!! Not sure I'm lovin' 'em that much, know what I mean?:)





No comments:
Post a Comment