Sunday, January 25, 2009

10 became 9

According to my good friend Nat, I need someone to ball up their fist and pound on my left butt cheek. Doesn't sound very appealing to me, 'butt' (ha ha ha) the shittier my runs get, the more open I become to new ideas on solving my sore ass problem.

I got to mile 3 ish yesterday and it hit. I pushed through until around mile 5 or so and had to stop to stretch it out. Got started again and ended up stopping at 7.3 to stretch and walk it out. I finally decided I'd go as far as 9 and then stop. Oddly enough, my ass didn't hurt at all last night. This morning, however, is a different story. I'm just a tiny bit sore but I'm not going to tempt the "Sore Ass Fairy" by running today.

So I went shopping instead, in my pretty "Oh Don't I LOOK Like A Runner?" adidas track suit. At least I *looked* the part today.

The weather looks great for the coming week ,aside from a few rainy bits here and there. Hopefully I'll be able to find the motivation to get out and get some runs in. Only 85 days 'til Boston...

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I hope you feel better. Ohh 85 days, that's coming up fast!

Anonymous said...

Physio? Running Form workshops? PMA?

D.

Run Mommy said...

85 days - no problem! I look forward to reading more :)