Monday, January 12, 2009

10 miler yesterday

Finally got out around 9 am yesterday and got 10 miles in! I'm feeling it today. Well, I felt it yesterday, last night and this morning:) My heel is complaining but nothing horrible.

The first 4 miles sucked. Sucked- a bit strong of a word. My RP and I were discussing how much fun we were having and how it compared to stabbing oneself repeatedly with a spoon, among other things. Normally, it takes me 1 or 2 miles to talk myself into a longer run but yesterday, my brain didn't cooperate until around mile 5 or so and that's when my body thought it'd start speaking up.

This week I will attempt to put in my 30 miles and see how that goes. The weather probably isn't going to allow me to get out in the early mornings (the time I prefer) so I'll have to stick with late afternoon runs.

More later..time to get the littles to school!

2 comments:

RunToTheFinish said...

Funny how just laughing about how horrible a run is can often make it go faster... and too weird that the later half often feels better. I thinks it's because mentally I know I"m in the home stretch.

Anonymous said...

See, now you're getting it!!!

D.