Monday, September 28, 2009

Run for Dyslexia 5k

I'm trying to get my running vibes back and thought signing up for a 5k would be a good way to do it.
The Run for Dyslexia 5k took place Saturday at 10 am. The weather the entire week before the run was gorgeous. The forecast after Saturday was even better. However, Saturday was complete crap! 62 degrees, overcast skies, misty/sprinkly precipitation and breezy. I don't do well with temps under 70 degrees so I was FREEZING that morning.
As I said, I haven't been running much. I wasn't expecting to blow anyone away in this race but as it was a small race, I wasn't too bothered. The course is the typical Furman University "around the lake up and up that farking hill from hell". Very pretty and scenic but that one hill makes you hate the campus and everyone on it.
My 5k PR is 22:53 from Nov 08. But listen, I was in shape then. Now? Not so much.
26:13 is what I finished up in on Saturday. I was pleased but had to shake my head because I was tired at the end of that one.
Here's the funny bit-
I placed first in my AG.
I'm telling ya, small race!!! Not a whole lot of us middle aged mommies running out there on Saturday. :)


Nige and I at the Hummer they had on display.


B and her face painting..
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Darrell said...

Hey Mar!

Congrats on your position in the 5km; baby steps, but great that you're on your way back up!!

D.

Darrell said...

I ran in a 10km on Sunday and finished just under 48 minutes. Trying to sub 45 minutes by the end of the year.

D.

Mar said...

Hey D!
Thanks, I'm trying to get my San Antonio legs back!! :)

Good job on the 10k!! You're a speed demon. You'll be subbing 45 in no time..just watch around the Christmas holidays- they always tend to slow me down:) Good thing you guys don't have Thanksgiving. I think we Americans eat enough for the entire world over that holiday!

Thanks for dropping bye. I've missed hearing from ya..
M

Darrell said...

I drop by frequently honey, and always check my email too.

D.