I was curled up so nice and cozy, sleeping. It was a little chilly with just a light blanket covering me to block most of the cool air pushed down by the ceiling fan. I was warm, having lovely dreams, oblivious to the nightmare that was about to take place...
The friggin' voice in my head that said..."It's time to run!!!" Just like that, all cheery and happy, knowing full well *it* didn't have to go run. The little voice in my head didn't have to get dressed, avoiding crispy sunburned skin while sliding on the sports bra, navigate a thong in the dark, find the 'right' side of the shorts and get the freakin' built in panties to stay on the INSIDE then drag out the door. But I did.
Why does running at the crack of dawn sound so appealing at 8pm when I'm relaxed on the couch, reading a good book then seem like such torture when 5am rolls around?
Anyway, enough bitching. I ran 5 miles. I didn't like it today but I did it. Off to shower and then take the little folks to see Transformers.





4 comments:
Ugh... I did a rare early AM run this week. I hate them, hate them, hate them -- much prefer my lunchtime runs. AM runners get all the respect in the world from me. Well done.
Good job getting up and getting out for that 5 miles - It isn't always easy, but it is always worth it!
Hey Mar!
Well done; you know what they say abou the early bird...? ; )
D.
Thanks, Marcus. I can't take the heat after 10 am so I usually try to beat the sun up :)
Heya Tim, you're right. It IS worth it..when you're done!
Hiya D
Too bad I'm not a fan of worms, eh?
How are ya? Do I owe you an email or are you playing my game and haven't responded to mine?
Post a Comment