I headed out around 830 as I was going to meet up with Dave around the 8 mile mark at 930. The weather was perfect, 50 degrees so I wore my tights and a l/s tech shirt. I run about 5-10 degrees colder than most everyone else so I stuck with the l/s shirt. Good thing too. I was a bit cold until the last 4 miles or so. Anyway, headed out Waterton and down Harrison Bridge. I decided to get 6 in on Frontage Rd but I must not have been thinking clearly because I got to the point which I thought would give me a 6 mile loop and I was only at 1.8 miles (GAH!) so I squirreled around Frontage Rd and back into Ft Inn until I got my full 6, then headed back to Harrison Bridge. Met Dave there and we headed back into Ft Inn on Main St. Typically, I reach 10.5 at a certain intersection just past downtown Ft Inn. I turn there to get a 5 mile loop but since Dave was with me, I thought it might be fun to try something new. We went down 418 back to the opposite side of Frontage Rd and came back to Harrison Bridge that way. It added a mile to the run but that was fine with me. That meant I only had one more mile to run when Dave split off. He left at mile 14 and I turned to head home. I thought I should go ahead and do the extra mile, giving me 16 for the day but to be honest, I was ready to stop running. It was getting HOT and I was wearing down. My right butt cheek was going numb and I needed more water. So I finished my 15 right outside Waterton and called Todd.:) He was more than happy to come pick me up so I didn't have to walk that mile home. PHEW! When I finish running those long runs, I start to wonder how I'll ever do the full 26. I'm so zapped at the end of 15. Mind you, I think most of it is mental. It's because I KNOW I'm meant to stop at 15 so my body doesn't want to go any further. Having said that, I'm wondering how I'll feel at the end of next week's 17 LSR. Definitely need to map out a new run. I didn't enjoy the first half of Frontage Road at all.
The day after? My left foot is tender and I have the typical aches and pains. Climbing the stairs is not much fun. I could REALLY use a nice massage but hey, I'm still mobile:) As long as I keep moving, I don't hurt too much. I am happy to say that 15 miles is the longest I've run to date and I'm thrilled with my times. I don't know that I'll sub 4 on my first full but I'm really happy to see I can maintain a 9 min/mile pace for 15 miles. I was worried I would go out too fast and wear out.
So, roll on next week. The weather is meant to be gorgeous so I'll be able to enjoy those (so called) short runs!





3 comments:
You're doing great Marion! Keep up the good work. ;-)
ps - awesome pace for a long, long run! I have pace-envy. :-X
pps - I DO think you will sub 4 for your first given what you are doing now and what you did in your half. ;-)
Post a Comment