I was meant to run 9 but the pain in my side kept that from happening. Y'know, a week ago when this happened, it was all good. Now? It hurts to inhale, it hurts to get up from a seated position, it just plain freakin' hurts.
You don't realize how much you utilize your rib cage until you've screwed it up. I'm angry that it's causing me to cut my runs short. Hopefully with tomorrow being a rest day, I'll be able to get the 9 in on Saturday.
Oh and another lovely little side note..someone swiped my lovely sports water bottle thingie today. That's right, I said thingie. I can't be bothered looking up the correct name for it. I was so upset. I left it at mile 1.5 to grab on the way back, tucked into some bushes. Someone must have seen me do it because on the trip home, it was gone:( Now, we're not talking some $1 bottle of water from Spinx. This was my pretty neoprene holder/bottle with the pockets and the slot for your hand....I just don't like people sometimes.





3 comments:
That stinks! Both the side and the water bottle. I'm sorry for the bad news on both accounts, Mar. :-(
I'm really sorry you're not feeling well. A rib injury is tough as the whole rib cage has a great deal to do with respirations (quite necessary to running) and will be quite painful till healed, which I pray is quickly for you! It will heal though so, hang in there my running inspiration friend. ;-)
Hang in there! I hope you feel better soon!
*pets lovely new water bottle found in bushes*.... just kidding, but it did sound like a nice one. I hope you can find a suitable sub! :o)
Mar - sorry to hear about your ribs, I hope they are starting to feel better and you can get your mileage back soon.... although without your water bottle thingy..... that is just wrong.... but I have wondered when that would happen to me.
Keep your spirits high!
Post a Comment