Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Break

10 days of kids being home means...limited running!!

I moan about having to deal with grouchy kids but honestly, I'm looking forward to NOT having to get in that stinkin' car line every morning and every afternoon.

I wound up getting my 'old' Kayanos out a couple months ago. My Kayano 13s are just too big. I have a feeling they're a half size too big. So, I'm back to ol' reliable. Sadly, both pair have about 200 miles on them and even worse, one pair is cut. Needless to say, I'll be shoe shopping soon.

The last few weeks' runs have been ok. Kinda blah. I didn't feel 'forced' to go out as I'm not in training at the moment but my guilt makes me get out there. I need to branch past my 5 milers but I just don't *wanna*. I need to get my shit in order because I have a half marathon coming up.

Dave's home (YAY!!!). He's buggering off next for a vacation so I'm going to wait and start hounding him in 11 days to get his arse out and run with me. Kristie is really busy with life and things going on with her family so I'm waiting for that to calm down before I nag her to come back out and run again.

So, I'm thinking of trying a 7 miler tomorrow. Not sure how that will work out with the littles but we'll see. It's meant to be in the high 30s tomorrow morning so I'll probably wait until later in the afternoon, probably after Todd gets off work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw your blog off of Flemmings blog site. I'm a local Greer girl. GTC member. I was curious what half you are doing. My girlfriends and I are thinking about doing the Greer Half. We just have signed up yet.

BTW, congrats on your marathon. I've done Chicago and New Orleans. Looking for another early next year.

Also seems we have a friend in common, Avery. We need to get on him to get to running again. He is my husband's friend.