Monday, March 31, 2008

6 miles today

I took Thurs and Friday off because of my aching calf muscle. Saturday was Nige's birthday party. (See my not-so-much-about-running-blog soon for pics of that) and Sunday was just nothing but pouring rain and wind. So I get out today and while it's not raining, it is still windy. The temp was 48 but the wind chill was in the upper 30s...BRRRRR

Of course, my leg started aching again at mile 4 but eased up a bit. I went ahead and finished the 6 miles but iced it straight away when I got in the door. I feel crappy for taking the 4 days off. I think that might be the longest stretch I've ever taken 'off' in over a year. Having said that, it was nice to lounge around in the family room yesterday, napping off and on:)

Not sure what my running schedule will be this week. I have obligations at the kids' school and Nige's 'real' birthday is Friday. Busy, busy , busy!

No comments: