Saturday, February 16, 2008

Dinner




We ate at the Sea Captain's House, right on the water. The dining area is in levels and we were lucky enough to get the highest seating. It was absolutely lovely. The food was fantastics. I had pan seared salmon on...(wait for it....) grits. Now, being a southern girl, I've had my fair share of grits. Grits and bacon, grits and cheese, grits and hollandaise sauce, heck even grits and just plain ol' butter. However, I have NEVER heard of mixing grits and seafood. It was a surprisingly tasty combination. I did have them omit the leek cream sauce with shitake mushrooms. That didn't really appeal to me:) We went out and goofed off on the beach afterwards. We'll def. head back there this morning after the race.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rick said...

Sounds yummy. What did Todd get?

Mar said...

His regular, fried shrimp. He doesn't ever leave the world of "fried shrimp". He didn't even have a nibble of the crab/artichoke dip we had. :) He's a "if ya like it, ya stick with it" kinda man:)

Rick said...

Heh! I kinda fall into that mode as well. Although, I would definitely have taken a hit or two of the crab/artichoke dip! YUM!

He may get over the fried shrimp in a few years. I can't stomach it much anymore... fried stuff gives me an upset tummy. Funny, I used to be able to eat anything without any ramifications. Gettin' old I guess or too health-conscious... EEEK!!