Yup, they hit. I'm a basket case. I don't feel any extra aches and pains. I don't have *serious* doubts. I mean, I'm not sure I'll make the last 6 miles but hey, the first 20 should be no problem. It's 2am and my brain won't shut down. I've done a fairly good job of squashing my brain chatter the last few nights. I actually slept through the night once or twice but tonight is a totally different story. So forgive me while I babble..
I ran the 8 miles Sunday since we were out doing family stuff Saturday. (shopping at the Nike/Reebok outlet..woohooo). I thought I'd wear the Kayanos as I've been sticking mainly to the Nimbus to keep the miles off the Kayanos. I hadn't had any knee/arch pain since switching to the Nimbus but it all came back Sunday when I was out running that 8. My arches were hurting, my knees started hurting and all I could think about was taking those damned shoes off and chucking them into the ditch. Needless to say, all "Kayano" related auctions I was watching on eBay have been deleted. I am def. a Nimbus lover. However, I do think I could stand to size down. I'll have to speak to Randy about that..
Anyway, I did 4 miles yesterday and realized that I hate all the music on my iPod. I've listened to most every song on it over and over again for the last 7 months (training for the half and then immediately training for the full). However, there's nothing NEW that gets me excited so I'm a bit stuck in that respect.
As I said, I haven't found any phantom injuries, I'm not sitting about twiddling my thumbs, wanting to run. None of the typical taper jitters have hit me. I am a raging bitch, though. The house isn't clean enough, I can't sit still, I want to keep moving. I think if I sit still, then I think about it. I'm trying to get myself wrapped up in everything else around me..Valentine's Day parties at the kids' school, gymnastics, having lunch with friends, going to visit old friends in the evening. Just about anything to keep my head off of the marathon. But I've got 3 days to go and I need to start thinking about packing, making a list of things I need, etc. I just don't WANT to.
So that's me. I tend to hibernate when I get worried/nervous/upset about something. I thought maybe by posting my concerns/fears here I'd get a little peace. We'll see. I know someone will end up reading this and that makes me feel a bit better. I can't really talk to Todd about this stuff, he has enough going on his life right now. So this will have to do..:)





4 comments:
You will do great, Marion. Even if there was a chance you didn't finish (and there's NOT)...good GOD girl, you do 20 miles now...20 miles?!?!? That's awesome. I know you will do fine. You have the determination. You're an inspiration.
~Chrissy
Mar,
you will do great! You have nothing to worry about!
Just think about how great it will be to cross that finish line!
Hey, just wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you all week. I haven't posted anything buggin' ya cause, I didn't wanna well, bug ya. I figured you've been a bit preoccupied.
Like I said before though, no need to worry or be nervous, cause I'll be enough for both of us so, just focus on going and enjoying the whole experience, not worrying about a time or finishing because those will come on their own as you are prepared and ready for this, and sharing the moment and weekend with Todd.
Like Chrissy said... you are an inspiration and have been so to me from the first time I read your story. I don't think anything could stop you from this goal, Mar. You'll be great and I am so looking forward to reading the report of your whole experience.
Be at peace... you're ready, just let it happen and, soak it all in. ;-)
Mar, you are going to do awesome! You know that, girl. You are so ready for this. And no matter what your time is, it's still a PR! You've put in all the training, which is the hardest part. The race is just the victory lap. Go get your medal!!
Post a Comment