Tuesday, May 20, 2008

New Shoes..

Running shoe shopping. Always puts me in a tizzy. The runner in me says, stick with what works. The girl in me thinks...oooh but that other brand is soooo pretty! Enter the Mizuno Wave Rider 11.. (cue cheesy unveiling music..)


ooooooooooooooooooh. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I loved these shoes the minute I put them on my feet. I wanted so very, very badly to buy them and try them out. But I *need* running shoes so now wasn't the time to gamble with a new brand. So, I went back to my usual Kayanos. I tried the Nimbus for the last go 'round but wasn't incredibly impressed by them. I'm not sure if it was a sizing issue or if I just don't like 'em, who knows. I tried the Kayano 14s but holy crap, they've done something with the soles of those. I felt lumps under the ball of my foot. So I asked if they happened to have any 13s left and sure enough, they did. $135 marked down to $79..we have a winner!

But those Mizunos were calling to me. I'm thinking I'll wind up getting a pair to incorporate with my Kayanos. I heard they're shit on mileage but man, they sure did feel good. A very lightweight shoe with great cushioning. So yeah, I nearly fell for the 'pretty' shoe but I did the smart thing (damn it!) and got my good ol' Kayanos.

2 comments:

Zoomy said...

I've heard that same thing about Mizunos and mileage. If they came in wides I'd still give them a try, though. People really swear by them.

Good deal on the Kayanos. I had one pair that never really worked for me, but they did have beautiful cushion.

Ruthie said...

Pink is my favorite color. Kayano's are one of my favorite shoe models. I am in the Nimbus right now. I also like the Brooks Gylcerin.