Friday, May 16, 2008

Shhh, don't tell Todd..

but I think I need new running shoes LOL

Ugh, I HATE spending money on running shoes. It seems like I JUST bought 2 new pair. They both have 250 ish miles on them so I'm thinking it's time to cycle in a new pair. Also, after the 8 miler the other day, I noticed my feet were really sore. After an 8 mile run??!?

So I've got 21 (running) miles this week and about the same in walking miles. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow and get another 5 or 6 in. Not sure if Todd's going to want to walk after the 6 miles I put him through today. :)

The weather has been perfect between 6 and 730 am. After that, forget it. Next week, we're meant to see the 90s....GAH!

6 comments:

Sherry said...

I feel your pain... err... the pain in your feet. I've got about 220 running miles on my Gel-Nimbus plus an additional 36 hours worth of aerobics pounding. I 'know' it's time to start cycling. Part of me wants to out a totally new shoe, the other part says 'if it aint broke, don't fix it'.

I notice we wear the same shoe right now (Gel-Nimbus 9). Have you ever tried Brooks Glycerine? They are the other shoes I'm contemplating.

Jennifer said...

I haven't bought new shoes in 2 months...I'm going through withdrawals! and it doesn't look like I'll need any for some time. but maybe a new pair of shoes is just what the dr. ordered, hmmm...

Gotta Run..... said...

How cool.... I just ran Griffin Park on Saturday morning!! Another Greenville runner close by.

Maybe we can join up for a trail run. Love the trails and having something more local than Paris Mountain since I live in Simpsonville.

As for needing new shoes... also be good to your feet :)

Mike Fox said...

Marion - I was checking out the 1,000 mile pace bunny and I see you have hit 500 miles for the year. CONGRATS!!!!

Rick said...

Didn't you just get new shoes?!? Just teasin' ya!

90's?!? Heh... we're just getting into the 60's this week. It is supposed to be nice for the holiday weekend though, at least that's what they're forecasting now. We'll be camping at a state park in northeast Indiana for the weekend with some other families from our church.

Have an awesome week, Mar.

Rick said...

GAH! I'm gonna be eatin' rabbit-poo pretty soon! You done wisked by me in the pace groups and the rabbits sniffin' at my hinter-parts. Waaaaaaaa! LOL

Way to go.... Jer-ry.