Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"Psst, Mar's brain..SHADDAP!"

For the last week-week and a half, I've not been able to sleep. Getting to sleep, no problem. I'm out cold by 830-9pm. Staying asleep, whole 'nother kettle of fish. I'm having wild dreams about a Fachwerk style (been going through too many childhood photos) mansion in the woods with cavernous bathrooms and a highly sophisticated security system that still doesn't manage to keep squatters out. Squatters who inform me that they've been given permission to junk up my 10k sq ft cottage in the woods by the local car dealer.

I'm dreaming about running, a lot. I'm dreaming about getting to SA, the race being run by some local track club that hasn't got a clue. I dream that we get to the starting line and they group us according to what we ate for dinner the night before... PB&J to the left, pasta to the right-boy/girl/boy/girl. For some strange reason, I'm imagining that SA smells a lot like cow manure in my dreams because the gentleman running beside me is kind enough to plug my nose as we run. And the whole time I'm thinking, where the HELL is Jennifer?!?! I scan the legs of all the runners, searching for her knee high compression socks that are oh-so-sexy:) Seriously, no more peanut butter fudge before bed.

Meh, I suppose it'll all pan out. Either way, sleep would be nice. Rather, sleep for more than an hour at a time would be really nice.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you dream an more weird??? I thought cheese was meant to induce creative dreams, not PB!!

My guess pretty one, you're exercising your body well but not your mind and so it's still way too energetic when you try to sleep.

D.

Mar said...

Hmmm, so more Sudoku, crosswords and...Shakespeare?

Guess the Twilight Series just isn't working the ol' brain nearly enough. Too bad, it's such a sweet love story.

Kyler! said...

Mar,

Hate to burst you bubble but Kiawah is sold out both races. Always another MYRTLE BEACH!!!!

Mar said...

Kyle-
Phew! Solves that problem:)
No way I'm running MB this year.

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with MB, you could do Sudoku while running it and eat peanut butter fudge too! ;-)

D.

Zoomy said...

Sleep issues seem to be going around (see my most recent blog post for evidence). Man, this stuff blows. Hopefully it's just a phase...

Zzzzz.....

Anonymous said...

now please go read my posting on event hypochondria and see how it applies to you!
Then write your own.

Also, Flemming's Architectural translation service says that Fachwerk = Timber Framed ... even though he know you are referring to the building style with exposed framing :)
You should tweak the dream to having your own kick ass security force that deals with the squatters!
Anything else I can do for you?

Robert said...

Geez, I thought my dreams about being forced to the front of the pack for the start of my first Marathon and then being flattened like a pancake by the elites (images of Kevin Bacon getting trampled in Animal House) was weird...

Try some pizza with anchovies before bed and then report back. I can't wait to see that post...

Anonymous said...

Hey Mar,

Are you still dreaming?

D.

Jennifer said...

LOL! I'm looking at your run times...Jennifer is WAAAAAAAAAAY behind you!! lookit you go!

what's the time on the clock? 3:37 or 3:35? :)