Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Thunder + lightning= fast runner

I headed out a smidge late this morning due to Thing 1 and Thing 2 not having their shit together. I swear some mornings I'd love to have a cattle prod on hand. They just drag their asses to the point that I'm having to raise my voice to get them to brush their teeth, do their hair, etc.

Anyway, enough moaning about that. I got about a mile down the road and realized it was getting worse, not better, weather-wise. I had 2 options, keep running and hope to run into Todd so he can give me a ride home or turn around and hope that Todd would see me at some point and give me a ride home. I kept going so that I could keep an eye out for him rather than expect him to keep watch for me. The thunder was a bit more alarming than the bolts but nothing horrible. I finally saw Todd at 1.75 miles. Hopped in the car and came home to wait the nasty stuff out. And here I sit..with my coffee..watching the flippin' radar..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, great!! What was your time Mar??? ;-)

D.

Mar said...

Umm, nothing worth writing here. Not at least while there are all these *ahem* speedy British folk lurking about:)