23 degrees...yikes!!!!
High of 34 today. Good thing today is a rest day..kinda. I get to go out and buy all the 'goodies' for Christmas Day lunch/dinner. I'm also going to have a look around at shelving and such for my car hole (that's just for your Simpsons fans!).
The heel? It's super tender when I get up in the morning. Once I get a cup (or 3) of coffee in me, it settles and only stings a bit. It's odd how I don't feel a thing when I'm running. Needless to say, I'm living in my adidas sandals just now. My little toesies are going to be frosty today:)
The ankle? No problems there. It's tender but not as bad as it once was.
My pal, Eva is a member of the YMCA and has repeatedly mentioned how nice it is there. I've been tossing around the idea of joining for some time but it seems soooo far away (5 miles) that I'm not sure I'd make the effort to go all the time. I'd love to make use of their pool, their weights and the pilates/yoga classes. But really, how motivated am I going to be after spending all my 'free' time running? Meh- decisions, decisions.
I'd better get myself unassed. Time to go brave the crowds. I really, really dread this. Why, in the sweet name of all things holy, did I wait this late to get my shit for Christmas dinner? Seriously! Complete laziness on my part. The worst part? Getting dressed. Girls, ya gotta be feelin' me on this one. Some days, it's just too much work getting 'pretty'. Today feels like a sweats and ponytail kinda day. Yeah, I think we're going to go 'bum Marion' today.
----------------
Now playing: Gin Blossoms - Anywhere You Go
via FoxyTunes





5 comments:
Ohhh. dang! That is freakin' cold! It's actually difficult for me to imagine what that actually feels like anymore... too many years in FL.
Your poor heel... definitely sounds like a PF case (which is usually bothersome in the AM, but releases during exercise). A good friend of mine has this and she wears some sort of contraption at night that keeps the plantar fascia stretched out so that it's not as painful in the AM when she wakes up.
I need to get to the market for dinner items today as well... stinks! Wishing you and your family a WONDERFUL holiday!
You'd be amazed at what weights and yoga will do for your running
Cold and hot really is relative. The actual temp was 6 when I was out doing my inspections in the Detroit area today. Yesterday, the wind chill was -23. Glad I am not training for a marathon this winter. There is no where to run outside either right now because all the shoulders are piled with plowed snow.
Have a Merry Christmas! ;)
Cross training....LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
Cheers!
Suz
Some fool once said "Cold is a state of mind"...
hitting the hills usually warms me right up, not much fun for most though
Post a Comment