Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Why does time off= renewed interest in shopping for running gear?

I dunno, folks. When I'm in the thick of training, the last thing I want to think about is having to try out new running clothes. Stick with what ya know. You're tired enough from all the miles, don't start mixing stuff up now.

Now that I've got some time off and I'm not particularly eager to be out running in the 30 degree temps, I'm loving the new skirts at runningskirts.com. Also, most of the major companies have gotten on board with the 'thumb whole' revolution so my tech shirts are horribly outdated (i.e- no thumb holes). Also, it's time for new running shoes. I have a new pair of adidas winging their way to me soon (thanks to my 'motivator by decadent chocolate') and a couple pair of tights. Let's just hope these 2 weeks off aren't going to make it look as though my ass has been vacuum sealed into those babies.

Next race? Looks like the Downtown in January. Kiawah is this weekend and I had planned to travel down with the girls to cheer them on but plans have changed. So I hope all you folks heading down this week will have a great time!:) Looks like the weather might not be TOO cold!

Oh and Congrats to Brian and his wife. They have a lovely new addition to their family:)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi just came across your blog. Congratulations on the BQ. Great race report too.

Kyler! said...

Are you doing greenville news?

Anonymous said...

Thats called "an idle mind is the devils playground" that's what. :)

Anonymous said...

Thats called "an idle mind is the devils playground" that's what. :)

Kelly said...

Ah shopping. I bought a pair of pants and they were only $10 off on sale. So I decided I could find a better deal and went out and bought three pairs of pants...spent way more than I did on the one pair. Oh well. I'll have to check out the new running skirts. Where did you find tech shirts with thumb holes? Any brand of shirt you like in paticular?

Mar said...

D10-
Thanks for dropping by and for the congrats. I'm so glad that particular weekend is behind me:)

Kyle-

Yep, running G'ville news. You?

Flemming-
You are so right. Gotta keep myself busy, busy, busy! Not having that hour-hour and half taken up by running everyday leaves me with far too much time on my hands..:)

Kelly-
I hear ya on the shopping. It's dangerous stuff. I avoid it as much as possible but when it comes to running gear, I'm toast. I really like Nike's l/s tops. Most of them have the thumbholes. I think Target has a few l/s tech shirts that have the holes. I know they have running jackets that have them. It's about time!:)
Let me know if you find any good deals..:)

Kyler! said...

Yes I'll be there! If I don't break 20 mins I'm going to pout all the way to the free bananas!