I'm getting sick of the humidity. I know it hasn't been very long since it arrived but today I was dreaming of long sleeved tech shirts, running tights, gloves and a cold nose while I was sweating my way through the 5th mile. Even if I were able to run naked (never happen, not even in one of those nude 5ks..uh uh), I would still feel overdressed. I keep saying I'm going to get up at 5 am and run. Well, I managed to get UP at 5 am, it's the running part I seem to fail at. I've been getting out right around 545-6 am and by then, it's already too sticky. Tomorrow I will get up at 5 am and run! (maybe)
So the new Nike running skirt I got worked out well. I found it at Ross for $14. It's def. not a runningskirts.com skirt. The material is much heavier and it has full compression shorts underneath as opposed to the lovely, airy mesh briefs in the runningskirts.com skirt. However, I can swing $14 for a skirt. I cannot pay nearly $50 and be guilt free. I have such a hard time spending that amount of money on something I'm going to funk up. So, I'll wait until they have my size in the sale section and pay $24 instead:) (Yeah, I'm cheap like that)
My Mizunos are about 2 weeks old and have about 70 miles on them. I keep telling myself I should alternate more. And I did, a couple times. I've run 101 miles since I got them so 31 miles have been put on the Nimbus (nearly 300 miles on those babies) and the new Kayanos. I *know* I should rotate shoes but I just loooove the Mizunos so much. I should start stalking them on eBay now and see if I can catch a good deal. I've not run this brand before and even though the say the durability is an issue, I'm thinking I'll max out around 300 just like I do with all my shoes. Must be a psychological thing with me...
As I mentioned before, I put 44 miles in last week. I'm wondering if I should step down this week, back into the 30s. I sit here now and say "I don't wanna". But man, I sure do 'wanna' at 5 am when my eyes pop open. I sure do 'wanna' when I'm only at mile 1.5 and I'm already breathing soup. I also most certainly 'wanna' when I have to sneak out of the house while everyone else is curled up in their beds. Of course, after the run and after I've logged the miles in to RA, I really 'wanna' keep up the mileage.





4 comments:
We are setting some record temps here aroudn the Atl area so I would guess you guys are too since you aren't too far way. Good going on keeping the running going through it all.
As far mileage, I guess since I used Higdon's programs for my few few marathons I am used to the build up for 2 weeks then a step back week and try to use that as an overall guide. I did kind of step away from that as I was just building miles back up and added miles for a few weeks before taking a step back week but that was only because my miles were so low when I started running again.
Hey Marion - I just found your site a few weeks ago and am enjoying your running stories!
I ran cross-country for UNCW many years ago and we ran a meet in Greenville during September. More than one person was taken to the hospital after the race - the heat and humidity was definitely memorable!
Hey Marion, You may be able to get a deal on the Mizuno in the next couple of weeks when the color change comes out. Especially if you are not one of the more popular foot sizes. I'm a 9 in men's and that's one of the most popular on our side of the fence. The place I recommend is RunningWarehouse .com now that you know what size in Mizuno fits you well.
Kevin
*lalalalalala* jennifer has her fingers in her ears *lalalalala* can't hear your mileage *lalalalala* I'M NOT JEALOUS BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!! **I hate you**
LOL!
Post a Comment