Dear neighbors,
I have been running in our beautiful county for nearly 4 years now. I love the hills, the wooded parks, the small neighborhoods and even the busy streets. I enjoy them thoroughly as I run throughout the week. I appreciate kind drivers who really do move when they see me running as opposed to the others that attempt to engage me in a game of chicken. The familiar faces I see through the weeks are comforting. Hooper, getting the cans to the recycling bin at the fire department, Bill walking his dog along E. Curtis street every morning at 6, the strange couple who walk every morning and every night - the older gentleman smoking away on his pipe and the smaller, yet about the same age, lady (who I mistakenly thought was a teenage boy due to her dress/haircut and walking). All these things make my daily runs so much more enjoyable.
I have stumbled across many things during these runs. Broken CDs, dead snakes, various other dead animals (opossums, cats), sticks, bricks, loose paper, etc. While these things are upsetting, they aren't as puzzling as my most recent finding.
Seriously folks, WTF is up with all the fried chicken leg bones on the streets of Simpsonville?!?!?! I can NOT believe people are going to a drive through, eating fried chicken and then CHUCKING them out the window of their car!! On my 10 mile run today, I through Simpsonville and Ft. Inn and I saw no less than 6 chicken bones and one order, of what appeared to be sweet and sour chicken with a side of steamed veggies. Granted, the veggies might be a mistake as it appears the meal had been sat there for quite a few days but I digress..
Chicken bones, folks. Here's an idea..eat the disgusting, greasy chicken carcass and chuck the fecking bones BACK into the bag that the lovely people at the drive through gave you! I expect dead animals, various bits of cups/paper, maybe even a lost hat, shoe or glove..but chicken bones?!?! How damn lazy is that!





6 comments:
Really? Chicken bones? That's hysterical!!
Here's a guess. Scavengers, like racoons, are getting into people's garbage cans, pulling out the bones and then carrying them off to eat them somewhere down the road.
I would never even think of this, except that it just happened to our garbage one night when we had left the lid off of the can.
Hey - but if you need a snack during a long run...
So, I take it you had a bone to pick over this issue?
that has to be the funniest thing ever! chicken bones?!
I used to run past this petrified condom. It was on the boardwalk at Crown Point. They even have sidewalk sweepers and groundskeepers and yet, just past the bathroom about 100ft from the 1/2 mile marker, there that thing lay for what seemed months. Either that, or it was a hot spot for love...
Aw, man! Mar, you have me rolling in laughter this morning!
Casually tossed chicken bones! Oh to be a fly on the wall....
Ha ha!! You are funny Mar!
When I run on a path next to a road before I reach the lakes and nature reserve I often see scraps of porn mags, and no I'm not delirious or dreaming. Jennifer's area should meet mine; a match made in Heaven!! ;-)
D.
Post a Comment