Got up a wee bit late this morning so I hurried out the door at 10 past 6 for a 630 start time. I got there in time and but had to race back to the truck for my GTC singlet so I could try and win a prize. The track club does Singlet Sightings at the races. If you're wearing your singlet, they enter your number into a drawing. I happened to win a $50 GC to Run In. Hello new shoes!
Now for the important stuff. I ran the same race last year and finished in 44:15. This year? 39:20. Nearly 5 mins off my time. Woohoo!!
And no crazy old lady beating me to the finish line. If there happens to be a pic out there somewhere of me finishing this year, I'll post it so you can compare it to last year's shot...utter embarrassment!! If you're really curious and can't wait, just go back into the archives of this blog and have a little giggle:)
Now for the important stuff. I ran the same race last year and finished in 44:15. This year? 39:20. Nearly 5 mins off my time. Woohoo!!
And no crazy old lady beating me to the finish line. If there happens to be a pic out there somewhere of me finishing this year, I'll post it so you can compare it to last year's shot...utter embarrassment!! If you're really curious and can't wait, just go back into the archives of this blog and have a little giggle:)






7 comments:
PR and $50 towards new shoes...wow, what a way to finish out the week!
:D
Yay! Congrats on your 8K PR!!!
It sure looks beautiful where that run took place. I miss all those glorious trees!
Very nicely done on the race. And $50...... and the family suprises you at the race... great morning for you!
Time improvements like that are awesome! Great job and how cool to get an extra $50 to spend.
Maybe the extra sleep and bottle of wine the night before helped with your PR? Congratulations!
What a wonderful experience the day after your birthday!!!
Suzy
Congrats on the finish and the gift certificate. It was a pleasure to meet you after the race. And Happy Belated Birthday (If I'd known it was your birthday the day before, I would have wished you so after the race.)
Way to go, rocket girl!
Post a Comment