Tuesday, June 3, 2008

10 miles yesterday and 8 this morning..

Yesterday I got up late and couldn't get my full 8 in so I did 6 in the morning and 4 last night. This morning I got up and put in another 8 just to get the day started.

I've not run at night before. Well, I did run the Candlelight 5k last year but meh, it doesn't really count. I got out around 830 and while it was getting dark, it wasn't as dark as when I'm up at 530 heading out. There's def. a different kinda driver on the road at 830-9pm than at 530-6 am. I know to be a bit more alert at night. Having said that, at 82 degrees and humid, the run really wasn't that taxing. I may try to get out again tonight if I have the energy and my legs agree. This two runs a day thing is somewhat appealing. Ups the laundry loads but hey, I don't mind summer running clothes in the laundry. There's not much to it:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Can I ask you what you eat and how you stretch after a run? I think I do pretty well on both, but there is always room for improvement...and I love to learn from more experienced runners!
Suzy Staples

Jennifer said...

two runs a day? you know what you are... :evil grin:

Tim Wilson said...

Wow.... racking up the miles! Have not tried two a days in many many months - other than maybe a short 1 miler with the kids.