Friday, November 21, 2008

San Antonio makes the paper in...Simpsonville?

So my phone rings Wednesday afternoon and I answer it to hear "Why didn't you tell me you were a star?". Dave. Hmm, what's going on here. He's either jerking me around, teasing me or something's up. So I play along...

Come to find out, I got a little blurb in the local newspaper on Wednesday for being the fastest upstate finisher in the SA run. Not hard, folks. Only 11 of us went. But still, it was nice to see my name in bold print for the first time ever!
Here's a link to the (brief) article. Of course, I ran out and bought every paper I could find:)
Ice Takes 88th in Female Field in San Antonio

7 comments:

FHPE Frennet said...

Mar,
you are so GREAT!!!
We are so proud of you.
Reading the article, I got goose bumps.
YOU ARE OUR HERO.
Love
Eva and family :)

Anonymous said...

"Not hard"???? Numero uno out of eleven??? Mar your modesty is cute, but sometimes you're entitled to bragging rights!!

D.

Robert said...

Got a love a headliner... You are a rock star now...

Next thing you know, you will be getting appearance fees at local races!

Seriously though, great job!

Ruthie said...

Yeah! Can I have an autograph?

Mar said...

Eva-
Don't know what I would do without you as my friend and neighbor. You're so supportive and I can't tell you how much it means to know you care:) Kisses to Franka..
Mar

D-
Bragging rights? Jennifer is the one with bragging rights. 5th in her age group! And she wore those oh-so-cool socks!:)

Robert-
Yeah, baby! A rock star:) Bad thing, any time I run a 26.2 now I'll be digging through the sports section about 3 days afterward.

Thanks:)

Ruthie-

Yeah, I'll sign ya some water cups when we man that aid station in February. I'm so glad you're going to be able to help out! Flemming mentioned a radio/loud music. You don't happen to have anything like that, do you?? How's your injury doing?

Anonymous said...

I don't typically read the paper, but I did see it online!
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008811190353
Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mar!

Jen definitely earned her bragging rights for sure but so did you!!! She's got longer legs and I'm sure the hot knee-highs helped her too, but you worked so hard to BQ and you blew it away!!

Well done, excellent, awesome, fantastic, amazing, super fit, hot, inspiring Mar!

D.