Thursday, November 27, 2008

Sumter 5k Turkey Trot

It was 28 degrees when I left, didn't count on that! This was such a "Bob's Race" kinda thing. No official start line, no 'real' finish line, no bibs, no chips, just Earl standing on the corner yelling out finishing times.
22:54, ladies and gentleman. Almost a 1 min PR over my old one of 23:51. I have to say, I wasn't even slightly in top form. A late night on the sauce, 2.5 hours of sleep and a total of maybe 7 hours of sleep over the last 2-3 nights. Not to mention, for the first time EVER my laces came untied. So the last mile I had to stop and retie. UGH!
I'll add some photos later. Happy Thanksgiving, folks!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so for all you know it was a "long" course and your 5K time was REALLY 22:01 :)

OH sweet irony...

Anonymous said...

So it demonstrates further how incredibly fit you are hot stuff; you have a few hours sleep after late night boozing, loose laces and still beat your previous time!!

Have you tried these yet?

http://www.locklaces.com/

Happy Thanksgiving!

D.

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

So you are pretty speedy. I'm still trying to get my pr under 30! Ah, someday. Nice run even with the loose laces and late nights! I think that sometimes I like to run in the cold, sometimes, just cause it makes me go faster cause I want to be done quicker. You know?

Mar said...

Flemming-
Yeah, I'll keep telling myself that:)

UK-
Flatterer!! Just what I need to hear right now:) I have a pair of yanks that Flemming gifted to me. I just need to work up the nerve to install them. I think they are pretty much the same as the locklaces. I'll get them put in and let ya know what I think.

Kelly-
Running in the cold is really good for me. It sucks for about the first half mile but then I don't even notice it. So long as my hands/fingers are warm, the cold is my friend:)

Sherry said...

Way to go, Mar! You really rocked that 5K! Woot!