I was hoping to do 10 but I got a frantic phone call at 8am from my darling child, Sabreena. She was kind enough to call and remind her old, forgetful mother that today was Awards Day at her school. What time did I have to be there?? 830. CRAP. So I went to her awards ceremony and then down to Nige's class so I could read to them at 930. Got done there and then had to dart out to TW's doc's office to retrieve the coat he left there on Friday. So when all was said and done, I finally got back to the house around noon, which left me enough time to grab a salad, make beds, throw some laundry in, unload the dishwasher and head BACK out the door.
So after I've bored you with all that information...
I decided to run from the kids' school as time was an issue today. Lemme tell ya, not a fun run. I have this crazy idea..As I spend SO much time at the school these days, I thought I could just run to the school, do what I need to do and then run home. Gives me 7 miles for the day. Not bad! However, the road on which the school is situated is total crap. No berm, crazy drivers and obviously outside the city limits as the grass is not cut. I could handle the road if the traffic wasn't so crazy. Then again, as I'm usually running that road when school is about to let out, I'm wondering if it's just shit timing. So, I'm thinking I'll try it out tomorrow as I have to tutor in Sabreena's class tomorrow. If it sucks, I'll know better and I'll not do it again:)
So that's it, 5 miles today. Hopefully 7 miles tomorrow, scheduled 10 miler on Wednesday as I don't have to be at the school until 115 and then another 7 miler on Thursday as I have to tutor again.
Anyone who says SAHMs have nothing to do should come spend a day in my shoes:)





3 comments:
I once figured I was an idiot for driving to pet smart since it is only about a mile over there, and the mutt likes to go there and a walk is a wakl is a walk. NEVER AGAIN. walking across that parking lot is only for suicidal people. Holy manure.
Please be careful!
It seems in the South people don't appreciate runners and bikers. I hear comments all the time about hating runners and bikers out of the road. Jealous maybe? When I run on the road, I have two red flashing lights on the front and back of me. I look like a red light special from Kmart. Be careful.
Hehe, Ruthie! It's not just a southern phenomenon. I live in a suburban rural area in Michigan and drivers are no less irritated by runners.
Sorry bout the hectic day, Mar. It's crazy trying to get runs in sometimes. One of the things I dislike about training for a particular race... forcing runs into a day to get them in. Most unpleasant.
I, for one, would NEVER belittle the value of a SAHM and all that they do. I KNOW how busy Tammy was when she was not working outside of the home for several years. Just thinking about all the stuff she accomplishes makes my head spin!
Post a Comment