Sunday, April 13, 2008

5.25 and I broke in a new running partner..


Meet Jack, my 100 lb 4 year old Lab mix. He's meant to be TW's dog but he usually sticks with me.
I went for 4.5 on my own and then grabbed him for the last .75. I had planned just going half a mile with him but I didn't pay any attention to where we were due to trying to navigate a super sniffing dog:)
He did really well. He's not particularly used to being on a leash but he ran well so long as I kept him on my right side.
We're going to try again tomorrow:)

The 4.5 before adding Jack were pretty good. It's very windy today and my muscles are very tight for some reason. So I'm going to use those as excuses as to why my time is so bad.
1-8:56
2-8:15
3-8:12
4-8:01
5-8:59
.25-2:08

total time for 5.25=44:34 8:29/mi pace
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rick said...

Time, schmime, girlie! You're not running a race on all these training runs, just building mileage. ;)

That's cool that Jack is working out on becoming a new running buddy. I am encouraged to do the same with Carsen now. He is not a particularly good leash dog either, so I am glad to hear that Jack is doing well not having been one either. :)