Thursday, July 3, 2008

Cravings while training


Peanut butter has always been a favorite of mine. Some might say "oh yum, peanut butter and jelly!", "peanut butter on toast!!", "peanut butter and banana sandwiches", etc. Whatever. Just give me the jar and move. Spoon is optional. The lovely people at Jif were kind enough to come up with this lovely concoction...Peanut butter and honey. Oh...Dear....God!!!!!!!! It's peanut buttery creamy heavenly goodness and made that much better with a touch of honey. So PB is a biggie when I'm NOT training but it seems once I start piling on the miles, I just want to bury my face in the jar.

Not sure what it is about bacon bits. Not the crunchy, fake crap. REAL bacon bits. I eat a lot of salad, a lot. Covered in bacon bits, olives and water chestnuts. No dressing. Here in the last 4 weeks, I've gone through bag after bag of these lovelies.




Sonic's Banana milkshakes. Oh my. I've got a thing for bananas anyway but stick 'em in vanilla ice cream and look out. I love the little chunky bits of banana in the mix. A little tangy surprise with each slurp!

So, the above items are part of the reason why Mar doesn't lose weight even though she puts in 40+ miles a week. Thanks to being in training, I can give into those cravings more often than I normally would..Wonder if I have time to swing into Sonic before I have to be up on Woodruff at 2...hmmm:)

----------------
Now playing: The Veronicas - When It All Falls Apart
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol! I love Reese's peanut butter cups but they're not easy to find over here.

I find the more I run the more hungry I am. Early morning pre-breakfast runs mean that even after eating a huge bowl of cereal, by the time I'm at work or sometimes even on the way, my stomach is growling at me for more food!

But running is the saviour of fun as it means I can eat what I like and not gain weight, better still it reduces my body fat %. Team that with the push up challenge, yeah at least some of us are doing it Mar, and increased muscle tone will burn more fat too!

D.

Mar said...

Oh Reese's Peanut Butter cups!! Those are divine. It's all in how ya eat 'em. I'm not really fond of the hard chocolate edges. I typically peel those off and chuck 'em. I get a better balance of (more) peanut butter and chocolate:) I'll have to stop and get some today. I'll grab a couple extra and eat 'em for you, D.

I usually end up drinking so much coffee that a banana and cup of yogurt ends up keeping me satisfied until lunch, when I stuff myself:)

Oh the friggin' push up challenge. Ya had to bring that one up..ugh. Gotta do that today.

Shouldn't you be calling it a day?:)

Zoomy said...

OMG, I LOVE those real bacon bits/pieces. So good. I love them on salads (with dried cranberries, walnuts, and just at TB of honey mustard dressing) or sprinkled on a fried egg, then slap that sucka on a bagel--yummy pre-run breakfast!

:D