Thursday, July 3, 2008

Psssst...

Today is one of those days where I don't want to go run. I have 10 miler I have to squeeze in before 715 and I'm thinking about just skipping it. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow...


Update 730 am:

I ran 6. Tight calf muscle had me stopping every 15 mins to stretch it. I'll squeeze the 10 in tomorrow when I have more time. Or when I'm (hopefully) in the mood:)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shocking!!! "Don't want to" and "Maybe". Has Mar lost her Mojo???

D.

Mar said...

Kinda..
scheduled 10
actual=6
craptastic run

but here's the shitty bit, I have to do the 10 tomorrow..ugh

How are you today, Darrell?

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't stress, you got out there despite your mind saying don't do it, so that's a bonus! Clearly something is distracting you and not in the right way.

I'm good thanks; heavy showers here with intermittent breaks of hot sunshine. My Garmin is on the windowsill locating satellites and then I'm off for a lunchtime run but probably only 4-5 miles, but it'll all good!

What programme are you working on? As in how do you know you're due to do 16 miles today?

D.

Mar said...

My mind was actually screaming "don't do it!". I have these days occasionally. I end up ruining the run by imagining myself climbing up the hills I encounter during my runs before I even head out the door. You really do have to 'be there' mentally as well as physically. And you're right about distractions..

Glad to hear you'll make it out today. I heard you guys had some pretty warm weather earlier in the week so I'm assuming the rain is cooling things down a bit. "Only" 4-5 miles at lunch, huh? (Gonna have to go with 'show off' again :) )

I'm using the Pfitz 55 plan. I tend to mix it up a bit. This week called for 36 miles but as I'm in the mid 40s already, I skipped one SRD and will add a few miles to some of the scheduled runs. Saturday (or Sunday) will be my LSR of 14. No 16 milers just yet. I remember getting over 15 when I was training for the Myrtle Beach marathon. Not looking forward to those runs at all!:) Anything over 14 and I have to carry fluid, Gu or beans..just gets to be too much. I need my own little LSR support crew so I can be hands free the entire run:)

Enough babbling..time for coffee! Hope your run went well.

Anonymous said...

Quite a nice run with a colleague who's 6'4" compared to my 5'8". 6.16 miles in 00:52:36. A varied route of cross country and Cambridge colleges.

40 miles in a week Mar?? Are you training just keep be even more fit than you already are or is there a marathon looming?

D.

Mar said...

One of my regular running pals (who is currently resting his bones in Japan) is well over 6' tall and I'm very jealous of his long legs! My little midget legs(I'm only 5'4.5 but shhhh, I tell everyone I'm 5'5") have to run double time to keep up with him:)

After my marathon in Feb., I dropped down to 20-25 mpw. When I decided to use the Pfitz plan, I had to get my base mileage up into the 40s so the 55mpw in the plan wouldn't be a shock to the system. So I've kept it about 44mpw for the last 4-5 weeks hoping that'd give me a good base for the training. Besides, the more I run, the more I can eat:)

My next marathon in Oct 26th. And it seems I might be popping out to Texas 3 weeks after that for a run with Jennifer. Then depending on what my performance is like in October, I may or may not run the MB in February. If I suck in Oct, I'll be in MB. If I don't suck in Oct, I'll be in Boston in April:)

Mar said...

Oh, and I'm glad you enjoyed your run:)

Anonymous said...

Proof that even a short (peachy) ass can put on the pace and challenge those with longer levers. Your resting friend will have a lot more weight to push so we probably have the advantage overall.

Wow you really are a sporty bunny!! Great to read that some Americans are bucking the media scaremongering of super-size foods and obesity. I have exactly the same ethic on food and exercise as you! I think we are what we do, not what we eat. But also we need less thinkers and more that do; too many say they might, ought, should, etc, when all they need is to do.

D.