Friday, October 10, 2008

12 miles

Got out for 12 this morning and lemme tell ya, I'm thinking the drinking the night before really does help. (You were right, Darrell!) I managed a 8:03 pace even with a sore heel. I'm thinking the pain I was having in my calf has led to this heel issue. The only way to take care of it is to massage the calf regularly and keep stretching the achilles. I've pretty much decided to bail on the Spinx half. I don't think racing with this issue is a good idea considering I'm going to want to try and BQ 3 weeks later. So, as much as I hate to do it, I'm not registering for Spinx. I've gotten some good advice from other runners and there's no sense taxing that area.

So, there ya have it. :)

----------------
Now playing: Taylor Roberts Music - You
via FoxyTunes

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK that's a first, improved running as justification for consuming alcohol.

Anonymous said...

BUT WAIT.. there's good news.. you can STILL be part of the spinx funfest!! Yes m'am! Await your assignment :) !!!

Mar said...

You just let me know where to be, Flemming:) I'll see if I can rustle up some other help..:)

Anonymous said...

you know how to talk to a man

Jennifer said...

I don't know if you read my post at the other place but Dr. R will be in SA. We are supposed to meet for lunch after the expo. Maybe he can check out your heel and tape it? I'll ask him. He taped my ankle the other day and it feels awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mar,

I think it's time you had your gait analysed and new running shoes advised based on the results.

D.

Mar said...

Jennifer-
I'll give ya a ring back tomorrow (Monday). It's been one helluva week/weekend 'round here. Great news on Dr. R. I'd love it if he could tape it for me. Trying to tape it on my own hasn't worked out that well...

Darrell-
You're probably right. I'll need to find a place to have it done, first. Probably will have to wait until after SA. Can't be making any changes this late in the game. But yeah, I need to do something. The pain isn't there all the time but running with pain anytime sucks.

Flemming-
Where am I meant to be Friday morning? Gimme a ring Mon or Tues and let me know what's up.