What a cold morning for a run. When I walked out the door, it was 42 degrees and dark. It did warm up and by the 13th mile, I ditched the l/s tech shirt and stuck with the tank. I think I'll have to start looking into wearing gloves if I'm going to continue to get out that early. My hands were aching by the 3rd mile.
I ran the first 13.5 alone and Dave joined me for the last 6.5. I didn't even notice those last 6.5 miles. He does a great job of talking to me and keeping my mind off the run.
So I got the 20 in at a 8:05 pace. I won't bore you with the splits!
3 weeks 'til San Antonio, folks. GAH!
Have a GREAT Sunday, everyone!!





17 comments:
I still wear the cheap black gloves I bought at Target for 1.99!
If it's 50 or below, I HAVE to wear gloves! We need to start watching SA weather reports.
YAY! The Taper! We are gonna kick some butt my friend!
Hey, I briefly saw you on the concourse Saturday but didn't get over to speak before you 'disappeared'. Hope to catch up to you in person soon. Good luck with your taper.
Good idea! I'll have to hit Target today. Thanks, Jennifer.
Taper...better buy more wine!
Heya Robert!!
What a crazy weekend!! I was either headed down to the finish or trying to sneak my way out of the stadium!:)I'm sorry we didn't get the chance to meet. Are you doing the downtown run in January? Maybe then!
Good job young lady, now please submit a copy of your pre-race hydration plan for approval, we don't want you tossing any cookies due to dehydration nausea.
Flemming!! My turf laying pal:)
Umm, can I count the margaritas??:)
M
Hey Mar, great running and tempo too! Well done!
Can you bore me with the splits please?
D.
Sure, Darrell:)
1-8:42
2-8:05
3-7:59
4-7:56
5-7:50
6-7:38
7-7:26
8-7:25
9-7:25
10-7:38
11-7:38
12-7:22
13-7:12
14-8:06
15-8:40
16-8:45
17-8:40
18-8:41
19-8:50
20-8:23
7:12 at mile 13????????? And you say I'm fast!!! Wowsers, did you put on roller blades or something?? With those kind of splits and preparation I have no idea why you are nervous!!
D.
Mar,
Missed ya saturday I ended up checking my stuff at the Run In booth with Bea. But I think I caught a glimpse of ya at the GTC booth. Fun race though 10 times better than last years, and I chaulked up another PR 1:39:40. I started to freak at the start I forgot my Garmin and it was prob the best thing that ever happen to me. I'll prob race from now on Garmin free..Any way good luck with your Taper and San Antonio.
Kyle
Those splits are awesome - You'll be great! I am usually fine in shorts/t-shirts, but gloves are a necessity for me if it's below 50. I only need them for the first mile or two, but they are easy to toss when they are $2!
You are so going to kick butt Marion. I can't wait to follow it. Are there live tracking at SA? So I can obsess more effectively? :)
It is AMAZING how far you have come and how well you are running. I am stunned by your splits! You're gonna race absolutely fabulously in San Antonio. ;)
Thanks guys..
I'm not sure about live tracking. Jennifer..you know anything about that??
I got my bib number yesterday and I'll post that later.
Thanks for dropping by everyone!
Hey Rick..missing chatting with ya. Did ya lose my #?:)
I would suggest running a marathon in two weeks as your last LSR before S.A....but then again I am not right in the head. A few miles short of a marathon you might say. Godspeed at SA. You are gonna fly.
Thanks, Chuck. I think if I had as much experience as you have, I might consider a marathon as a LSR- Mr-Runs-3-Marathons-Back-to-Back...:)
Mar~ I'm almost positive they will have live tracking via the ChronoTrack they talk about. Rock n Roll events always have live tracking so this should too.
Post a Comment