The weather was a bit better today- hardly any wind to speak of. I had Dave along today so that made the run so much better. He's done a good job of keeping my head straight the last few weeks. I'm starting to get a smidge nervous about San Antonio and he does his best to listen to me drone on about my concerns. Then he tells me not to worry about it (i.e-shut up) and not talk myself out of it. I'll be needing to hear a lot of that over the next 18 days.
Um, thinking about what to wear for the run. I'm thinking tempo shorts and a snug tank. I might grab a l/s shirt to wear at the start and ditch later in the run. Shoes? No clue. I have too many pairs to choose from. I'll probably stick with the Kayanos.
I've started thinking about what to pack. I hate packing. I always forget something. It's so much easier to just stay home and have everything at my fingertips. I don't use much 'stuff' in my daily 'beauty' routine but invariably, I'll forget something crucial. Like my lotion. Seriously, that would be tragic. I guess I should have picked up an extra while I was at the mall to go ahead and pack:)
Tomorrow?
Trip to Greenville for a few things and then squeeze a run in there somewhere. It's been far too cold to run in the mornings so I've been waiting until after 3 pm to get out there. Only thing that sucks is traffic is downright crap at that hour, what with schools letting out and the industrial park letting everyone off then. I'm meant to do 7 tomorrow, rest Friday , 16 mile LSR on Sat and then 4 on Sunday. I have a couple Halloween parties on Saturday afternoon/night so I'd better get the LSR out of the way. I think I can handle a 4 miler when I'm hungover but 16?? Not so much. All that and I still don't have a blinkin' costume.
Blinking..that reminds me of something...
----------------
Now playing: Bee Gees - Embrace
via FoxyTunes





8 comments:
Love the blog and read it regularly. What training program are you using? I ran my first this summer and plan to run Myrtle in Feb.
Mar~ I'm carrying everything I need on race day in a carry on. Shoes/clothes/confirmation info/visor. Everything else I will check in.
Sis has to work that day so they probably won't roll into SA until 8 or 9 pm. Hotel check in is 3pm if you want to go ahead, check in (still unsure who has to do the checking in...) and do a quick run. Or, you can wait for me, we can have an "airport moment" and split a cab to the hotel. :o)
Easleyrunner-
Thanks for reading and commenting. I appreciate you taking the time to do so!
I'm using the Pfitz 55 plan. Where did you run your first? I enjoyed MB and I'm hoping to squeeze it in again this year. Maybe I'll see ya there!:)
trying this again-
Jennifer,
I'll probably hang out at the airport and wait on ya. I'm sure they have WiFi there or I could simply read. So long as ya don't mind splitting the cab with me, we're good:) You don't head back until mid afternoon, right? I think my flight leaves at o-dark-thirty Monday morning.
Good call on the carry on. I'll follow suit. Oh, do you they give ya grief over the gels? I'll call ya this afternoon when I'm in the dreaded car line...
Blinking reminds you of...?
D.
I ran Lake Placid in June, and lost my calves at mile 22 (cramps). I ran the Spinx 1/2 this past weekend.
Mar,
Hey I have a 20+ miler coming up and looking for something flat to get ready for Kiawah. I've know starting in DT fountain inn and running all the way thru simpsonville almost to 385 is pretty flat, but I think thats around 6 or 7 miles. I wouldn't mind a 10+ loop twice but just looking for flattness so my legs can get use to it. Hard to find in DT greenville and furman where we normally run. Any ideas?
Kyle
Post a Comment