Friday, January 25, 2008

20 miler tomorrow

So I'm sitting here updating the iPod, charging the garmin, mapping out the run and hoping I'm feeling as good as Lori O'Connor seemed after her 20 miler in Spirit of the Marathon. We're meant to have a wintry mix until about 9 am so I think I'll head out as soon as that clears up. I'm hoping it's another crappy weather forecast and there's no ice/snow/sleet to be found. The earlier I get out, the sooner I get home:)

I spoke with Sabreena's 2nd grade teacher today. She ran the MB full a few years ago and was able to give me some 'tips' on how to handle the run. It felt good to talk to her and get some ideas on what I need to do.

Rick, I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. Good luck on your 16 miler. And anyone else doing a run tomorrow, have fun!:)

3 comments:

Rick said...

And I, you, Marion. Good luck... I'll see you on the other side of 20! I hope you look and feel as well as Lori O'Connor did as well.

Rick said...

Oh, very cool that you were able to get some insights from B's teacher! Chelsea's XC coach has ran the marathon I am doing several times in the past (and has ran Boston) and has given me quite a bit of good info. I am very grateful for anything I can get to "help" me along.

Rick said...

I'm anxiously waiting to here how it went, Mar and... was thinking about you ALL morning and praying for ya to get through this biggie well! Hope all went well and you're feeling ok! ;-)