Boy, was that a run that should never have happened. My knee was troubling me a bit and now my right hip is giving me pains. So basically, the right side of my body is getting a little fed up with the training. I'm probably going to do the 6 today but at a snail's pace. I get a little down when my body doesn't work with me. It's funny how my emotions work when it comes to running. So long as I have good, smooth runs, I'm on top of the world. When I start getting aches and pains that make me fear missing out on a run, I get really low. I worry that I won't get the mileage in and I won't be ready for MB. Then I don't sleep, which just makes the whole situation that much worse. I swear, I'm a head case sometimes. (To those of you who REALLY know me and have known me for YEARS, I'd better not read/hear *ONE* remark on the use of the word 'sometimes' in that sentence!)
I'm really looking forward to seeing that massage therapist on Friday. I tried my foam roller last night for my hip but it didn't do much good. I'm going to spend this morning icing it and just trying to take it easy.
Congrats to Sara on her HM this past weekend! Well done, girl! Loved the pics from the race:) I always love seeing pics from fellow runners:)
Rick mentioned that we aren't too far apart on "the list". I think ya might have me this month. This is one of my lower mileage weeks so I'll happily offer the 'Fastest Turtle in the North' award to ya:)





10 comments:
Marion,
Oh, do I know how you feel :)
I get really down when I have to stop or miss a run because of pain. I was really worried yesterday when my ankle started hurting.... being only just over two weeks away from my HM. I hope your run goes good today, and your pain subsides.
Oh, and two side notes:
What is "the list" and how does one get added? (I think I know kinda what it is)
And second - I just noticed I stole your post title "the morning after" I didn't realize it till I just stopped by for the second time. Sorry!
You'll start feeling better into your taper, Mar. You really pushed yourself Saturday so, I think you're probably still feeling the effects of that. The massage will do ya wonders Friday. ;-)
I think we all feel the same mentally/emotionally when are bodies are fatigued or aching in different areas. I get fearful I won't be able to continue on in training or complete this marathon, which gets me down. So, you are not alone friend! ;-)
The monthly mileage I took a look at yesterday and started thinking, "Hmm, if I push it these next few days, I could probably hit 200!" What an idiot! I'm half broken right now, I need to just stick to my training plan and/or even a little less right now given I feel much like you right now.
I hope the run goes smooth for you and you feel ok. All the hardest work and training is behind you now, Mar. You're going to be fine in your race.. ;-)
Have an awesome day!
Tim, on RA simply go to the User Groups page and click on the 1000 Mile Group and when you get there you can add yourself to the group in the upper right corner there should be a button that says "Join Group". That's all there is to that.
Thanks Rick, I am not sure I want to join a 1000 mile group yet :) I don't have that many miles under my belt yet!
OK, before I clicked publish I went and did it..... I signed up. I am .9 miles behind the pace bunny! That will be made up in the next week I am sure, if my ankle cooperates!
Sorry Marion for hijacking your blog - I really didn't mean to take it over :)
They also have a 1000 km club Tim, if you're not ready to chase the 1000 mile rabbit. If I weren't training for a marathon, I don't know that I would be in the 1000 mile group.
I feel like we're walking all over poor Marion's blog. Sorry, Mar!
Hey - the pace bunny moved on me on the last update. I guess it saw me coming! OK, I am out of here now - really I am!
Knock yourselves out guys!
you're giving me something to read:)
Rick, 'push' the next few days??! You're nuts!! 3 16 mile days, no thank you! They'd have to put me in traction:) Glad ya came to your senses!:)
Yay!! Tim gets to chase the bunny now! It's addictive, Tim. Wait and see. You'll start dreaming of hunting 'wabbits':)
oh and about the title ya swiped..pshhht..whatevah:) Everyone has a 'morning after'...:)
Hi Mar! Thanks for the props! Based on my half marathon performance, I'm a little worried about the full. I really need to pace myself better and slow down! I just get too competitive and excited. I hate getting passed - even though I know I'm not fast. I just have to learn the hard way.
I never claimed to be smart.
:-P
Anyway... I did come to my senses. I may reach 200 next month or the following though, my training plan has a lot of miles coming up. Sigh. You're gonna havta help push me through it. K?
Post a Comment