Today was kinda hectic. I wasn't able to get my run in until noon. That throws me off because I'm so accustomed to get it done first thing in the morning. I love getting it out of the way and having the rest of the day to do all my errands. This morning it was far too windy to get out and run so I took the kidlets to school and did my grocery shopping. Had to pop into Greenville for a TV stand for the TV in the bonus room. Grabbed that and came home to finally get a speedy 5 miles in. I was quite pleased with my splits..
1-8:41
2-8:10
3-8:04
4-7:57
5-7:37
The last two miles are usually my faster ones. I think it's because I know how close the house is:) Anyway, did the five in 40:33. That put a smile on my face! Too bad I can't keep that kind of pace up for 26.2...LOL They'd be scraping me off the street.
Got some new running pants today. They're your basic boring black but they're bootcut. I typically wear the 'tights' style of running pants but I thought I'd try the wider leg. Nice thing about these pants, they really support my butt and thighs (where I NEED the 'uplifting' the most LOL) I wore 'em out for my 5 miler today and they were nice. I'll probably pick up a couple more pair after seeing how these wear. Give 'em 5 or 6 runs to see if they're going to chafe, ride up, shrink, pill, etc.
----------------
Now playing: John Mayer - Your Body Is A Wonderland
via FoxyTunes





6 comments:
Nice job on the run, Mar! Just don't go breakin' yourself in the last 2 weeks here before your race. ;-)
Oh, and like Trent or JK says on RA... the talk about the new pants means nothing without pics. I think someone said that about new shoes too one time?
We be tied Jerry.
Signed,
Newman
Everything ok? Haven't seen anything from ya in a couple of days. ;-)
Helloooo... yer makin me nervous.
Just concerned that everything's ok your way. Chime in anytime.
;-)
Hey Rick
I'm here. Just been a bit busy lately:( Yesterday was my day off and today was too busy (and a sick kid!) so I'm doing my LSR tomorrow.
Gonna go read your blog!:)
Thanks so much for checking in with me. I really appreciate it.
Whew! Thanks. ;-)
Post a Comment