Makes for a chilly morning run!
I headed out later than I wanted. I wound up crawling back in bed with the kids and goofing off with them for a while. I had hoped to get out before we got any precipitation but hey, I had fun with the littles:) Got soaked from the rain/sleet that was coming down. I'm glad I wore 2 tech shirts under the sweatshirt. I tell ya, one nice thing about having a husband that's almost 9 inches taller than you is you can swipe all his sweatshirts for extra coverage on those cold runs.
I'm going to rest tomorrow..I'm going to rest tomorrow...I'm GOING to rest tomorrow!






7 comments:
SWEET! Great shot! Way to tough it out in the elements! The kid time is awesome too! Keep it up!
Shouldn't you be...running?:)
Thats why I didn't comment earlier. I WAS out running. We are about the same here, except we are already getting the snow that you will be getting later mar.
I will post about my run in a little bit.
Psst... check the pace groups board waskelly wabbit. ;-)
way to git 'er done!!! and here the girls and I were whimpering about our cold, 45 degree, sunny morning...DOH!
See the comment I left here http://nikkishee.blogspot.com/2008/01/few-to-start-with.html
I was soooo excited!
Way to HTFU Marion!! It's really really COLD here too. At least it's not raining too - you are tough, girl.
As for your dog-running question, I have a 35 pound Shetland Sheepdog. She's very fast and very strong for her size. She could be a sled-dog the way she pulls me when we run! I usually only take her for shorter tempo runs (usually my 5k tempo runs), not because she gets tired (which she NEVER does), but because she forces me to run so much faster than I usually do. I'm exhausted when we finish! She's a herding dog, so she has boundless energy and an instinct to chase anything that moves. That's our biggest problem - wanting to chase cars, squirrels, children, rabbits, leaves, etc. At first she's completely overwhelmed and nearly out of control (even though I have her on a pinch collar). But she tends to calm down and stay on the sidewalk after about a mile.
Hope that answer helps. Good luck running with your puppy. Even if it's not a "successful" run for you, they seem to like it so much, it's worth it every now and then!
Post a Comment