Friday, January 18, 2008

Oh and another thing...

Why is it that city of Simpsonville sucks SOOO much when it comes to removing dead animals from the road? I've passed the same bloody possum for the last 2 weeks and honestly, he's not looking much worse thanks to the colder temps but I am a little sick of looking at his gnarly teeth. Blech. If I weren't such a wuss, I'd kick the bugger into the grass but *my* luck, he'd explode/shatter and I'd have road kill guts all over my lovely running shoes.

Speaking of running shoes, I'm having a little gander at my newest Kayanos (that I bought 10/26/07) and they've already got 161 miles on them. I guess I need to do a little more alternating if these are gonna last me until the marathon. Who'd have thought running could get so expensive?

3 comments:

Rick said...

Spring and fall is road-kill haven on Dean Road between Lewis and Jackman in Temperance, MI, Mar. Hence the "Why Do You Run" stupid statement by me in my RA Profile. I have seen upwards to a dozen dead animals - rabbit, possum, squirrel, racoon, snakes, muskrat - in that ONE mile stretch, if not more. They just let em rot here. Blech! is right.

Mar said...

It's really disgusting in the winter, I can only imagine how fragrant it is in the summer...ick

Any chance Tammy could work road kill into her culinary masterpieces??:)Might jus' git ya sum gud eats thar, ol' buddy!

Rick said...

I've thought about it, being the frugal conservationist that I am and not liking any killed game to go to waster but, considering I have almost hurled a couple of times just running by the dear varmits, I really don't think I could stomach ingesting them.

p.s. - that's the truth too on the hurling... I guess you could categorize a couple of the events as "puke burps"?

Sorry... tmi.