About 1015 this morning I headed out.
I did the 2.2 mile loop through my neighborhood and then headed out to Harrison Bridge Rd. I was still debating as to whether or not I was going to do the 10 or the 12 so that kinda kept my mind busy as I was running. I ditched my jacket at 2.5 miles because I was really getting warm. I wasn't exactly sure where I was running today so I decided I'd better leave it in my subdivision. Got onto Harrison Bridge and decided to duck down Frontage Road for .7 of a mile and then back to get me at 6 by the time I hit Main St. I ran down Main and up Fairview turning onto Grandview and running to the end of that. At that point I was at 9.3. This is the point where I had to decide to go straight and head on into the subdivision, finishing up at 10 or to turn right and head up Harrison Bridge, do a 2 mile loop around the neighborhood and get the 12 in. I kept thinking about Rick and how he's always ahead of me in the standings so I sucked it up. I headed up Harrison Bridge, to Fairview Road and into the neighborhood. It *really* sucked to be *that* close to my house. I could see my bedroom windows but I still had 2 more miles to do. Thankfully, a really good Jason Mraz song came on and helped push me through mile 11. I figured once I got through 11, I only had one to go. No big.
I got through 11, grabbed my previously discarded jacket and brought it on home:) I finished the 12 in 1:44:42. Not bad, but could have been a bit faster. As it was meant to be a LSR, I'm not complaining (much).
While I had lots of luck with the ol' tummy last weekend after the 18, not-so-much today. I've been feeling cruddy for the last 2 hours. Seems to be subsiding some but still..blech!
I should do some strength training tonight to work on some back fat (ha!! gotya Rick!!) and then pilates to work on my ever flabby gut but y'know what, I can't be bothered. I'm going to be the ultimate lazy git and watch Pride & Prejudice. Oh no, not the Kiera Knightly version..I'm going all out. Breakin' out the Colin Firth A&E four gabillion hour mini series. That's right folks, I'm doing to drift off into Mr. Darcy land and leave all the household crap til tomorrow. :)





4 comments:
Mad props to you, Marion! Nicely done. Sorry to hear that you didn't feel well afterward though and hope that is not a recurring event. ;-)
You got me... today and... for now. This turtle is determined and steady... I'm tellin' ya.
BAH! I just saw that your long SLOW run pace for 12 miles was only 4 seconds/mile slower than my RACE PACE for only 10 miles!
Is there a turtle in the house?!?
ROFL
Tummy issues finally buggered off last night and I haven't had any problems this morning, thank goodness.
And hey, as far as times go..
you're haulin' a lot more muscle around than I am!
BAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA... she don't know me vewy well! Muscle?!? Where is said muscle? Bulk... maybe... musckle... ummmm, no. ;-)
Seriously, I busted out laughing on this one! Thanks! I needed that! ;-)
I am (truly) glad you felt better last night and that you didn't have any tummy issues today.
Post a Comment