Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I've made a decision...

*IF* I finish my first marathon that is taking place in 22 days, I'm going to get a tattoo to celebrate. I already have one on my ankle and your typical 'asshat' tattoo on my back. I need to figure out placement and what exactly I want the bloody thing to be. I'd like to steer clear of the 26.2 type tattoo but then again, I'm not sure what else to get. I'd love the runnergirl logo. I think she's funky and kinda suits my style. Maybe the logo with 26.2 below it? Meh. Also, where to get it?? I was thinking shoulder blade? nape of my neck? I have some thinking to do. I figure right after the marathon would be the best time to get it as I'll be taking a few days off. And where's a better place to get a tat than at the beach??:)

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I like the runner girl logo! the running stick figure logo appeals to me...small and simple. Maybe the nape of the neck? I have no tatoos and the only time I've considered getting one is in connection to running a marathon. Can't wait for the update on this!

Rick said...

I vote for the runnergirl logo (as well) in combination with the 26.2. As far as placement goes... too personal for me to chime in on. I would ask Todd where he would like it. "Asshat!" Bah! I'd not heard that one. I have heard "trampstamp" for those particular tatoos.

I have been wrestling with the idea of getting a tattoo and have an idea of what I would get and a couple of places that I might like it. My only concern is, and I need to verify this, that I don't think I would be able to donate blood for over a year.

We shall see... I've talked about it long enough that I will likely do it at some point.

Rick said...

Oh, and.... there are no *if's*, but rather... *when* you finish your marathon in under 4 hours (just my prediction). ;-)

The power of positive thinking, Mar! :-)

Sara McCarty said...

What's with this **IF** talk?? You are running this damn thing and are going to kick it's butt!!

I like the runnergirl logo idea for a tatoo. I have a little tatoo of a fish on my right foot. It was one of those silly impulse things we did in college. My mother swears that I'm going to regret it, but I still love it and think it makes me just a "tiny bit" rebelious in this stuffy suit proper grown-up profession that I'm in. :)