Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Brrrr...

I'm not much of a cold weather runner. Thank goodness the sun was out this morning, warming it up to a balmy 30 degrees. I headed out at 1030ish and got my 8 miles in. I was going to go to the school a little early and run out there but I just didn't want to sit in the car all sweaty and gross for 30 mins waiting to get the kids.

So, I got out and did the 8. Now I'm gonna go have a nice long soak to try and thaw my toes out.:)

Rick, glad to hear ya made it out today even though it was snowy!! You get big ol' Tough Guy points for that one.:)

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

brrrrrrrrrr!!!!It's chilly there! How's training feeling now? You realize you are WAY over the hump and coming up on the taper!? That's SO exciting!!!

i saw the green sign dodger, LOL...not so good at dodging it though! :p

Rick said...

It was pretty and the snowfall made me giddy. I made a rhyme! Sweet!

You're doing awesome Marion! Keep it up. Hey, I got a great article on things that happen during taper that might freak you out that you may want to take a look at from an old Runner's World. I thought of you today when I came across it. Maybe I can scan it or something if you're interested?

Heh! Sign dodger. That was a funny/sad story! Jennifer rocks!

Rick said...

In 21 minutes from this post you will be at 29 days before your marathon! WOOT!

Rick said...

Hey! We got some of that International Delight Marshmallow Mocha creamer last week that you had raved about a while back... I'm having some now. You're right! YUM!

Mar said...

Rick,

You're a rhymin' genius, you are! Taper madness..I've see the post titles on RA but I haven't been brave enough to look... I'd be really interested in reading that article, if you wouldn't mind. m.ice@ charter. net (no spaces, obviously)

29 days...29 days...oh man. There go the butterflies in my tummy. I just wish someone were running it *with* me!! Think you can be ready, Rick?:) LOL

Mar said...

Hey Jennifer,

Training is going well!! Yes, taper is right around the corner and according to Rick, there might be some 'mental' issues that crop up there LOL I figure you're probably the one to turn to when it comes to that! You're gonna hold my hand through it, right ?? LOL

OH and am I nuts, or what..I'm already trying to figure out what kind of running schedule I'll be on AFTER the full. I've been 'in training' mode since May, I'm not going to know what it's like to just...run.

And what about *YOU*! you've got a run coming up in 2 weeks, haven't you!?

Rick said...

I'll see what I can do about e-mailing that article to you. It should provide some comfort to you during your taper "madness".

Hey! Ray Green from RA is running the Bi-Lo too, Mar. Perhaps you could hook up with him. He is quite an experienced Masters-caliber runner. His e-mail addy is rgreeen45@ roadrunner.com. Just a suggestion for some support. He seems like a very kind man.

Rick said...

Oops, there should only be one "e" in Russ's last name up thar ^.